Discovery, Research and User Persona Phase
Step 1: I will set up initial phone communication to consult with you about important planning procedures, establish scope, and discuss expectations of your website project.
Step 2: I will help you to establish your goals and strategies as a means to fulfill your website’s mission. I will provide you with a Website Questionnaire to help guide your website planning. I require your questionnaire be completed before setting up a kick-off website discussion over the phone.
Step 3: I will set up a follow-up phone call discussing question answers. I will review your questionnaire answers and make suggestions for your websites features and overall structure. This discussion will confirm project cost estimates.
Step 4: I will create User Task Flows and Wireframes to show navigation, featured or focus areas, content, and to show user’s experience from page to page.
Establishing Domain and Hosting for your Website Phase
Step 5: Domain and Hosting- I will walk you through registering your domain name and hosting services account. Domain and Hosting Fees are not included in my Website Design fee. Once account is established, I will be responsible for launching your website to your proper hosting account.
Look and Feel Design Phase
Step 6: Based upon our initial discussion, I will create two main and two sub page designs.
- I will post designs online for your review
- I will set up a follow-up phone/email correspondence with you to discuss feedback of initial designs
- I will make additional design revisions based upon your feedback
- I will post online final designs for final approval and correspondence
- I will recommend any existing WordPress templates that can be customized for your use if you plan on a website that you can update content yourself. This website will be responsive for all desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
Website Production Phase
Step 7: Once I have approval of the Task Flows and Wireframe designs, I can begin production of your website. I will schedule any needed discussions for status updates.
- You must provide me with website content provided in digital format in a word document
- I will post website files under development on my development server for review
- I will optimize final graphics for best online experience
- I will make sure that and stock photography images used for website are properly bought and licensed by you before website launches
- I will complete testing on all devices- desktop, tablet, and mobile
- I will include SEO metatags, descriptions, and keyword recommendations for improved search engine visibility
- Once the website is approved, I will transfer your new website from my development site to your client hosting
Step 8: If you choose to create a website that you can update on your own, I will need to establish WordPress on your web hosting account.
Step 9: I will make the website files live online. Celebration time!
- I’m available to maintain website following website launch for an additional hourly rate.
- I’m also available for any further design and marketing needs to help promote your website such as: advertising, social media, email blasts, blogs, and any print branding collateral